We were unable to load the game.
Please try again later.
- Choose to play against the computer or against a friend
- Press a square to place your mark
- Make three in a row horizontally, vertically, or diagonally to win!
- Is the computer player too easy? Step up the challenge by choosing a harder mode!
- The expert artificial intelligence (AI) will play a perfect game. Try your best to tie for as long as you can!
- You can turn off sound effects by using the top-right in-game settings menu (the gear icon)
- If you'd like to reset your scores for an opponent, click the rop left menu while playing
About Tic Tac Toe
Tic-tac-toe is a game for two players, X and O, who take turns marking the spaces in a 3×3 grid. The player who succeeds in placing three of their marks in a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal row wins the game.
Noughts and Crosses
Tic Tac Toe is known by a few other names around the world. The most common of these is "Noughts and Crosses" or simply the "XO game."
Tic Tac Toe History
Did you know that variations of Tic Tac Toe have been played since the Roman Empire and 3 in a row games can be traced all the way back to ancient Egypt!
This game is best enjoyed in portrait mode.